The Sophomore Bucket List

How Sydney Greb is making the most of her sophomore year.

Amber Burkhart

Groggily waking up to the screech of her alarm, Sydney Greb, sophomore, drowsily hits the snooze button. It is 7:30 am on a school morning. Another day of getting to class on time, catching up with friends, and getting loads of homework. Though others may find the school routine to be dull, Greb’s adventurous spirit has been enriching her sophomore experience and living life to the fullest.

To Greb, being a sophomore is all about taking risks and setting goals. She is dancing to her heart’s content, talking to new people, joining new clubs, and checking things off of her sophomore bucket list.

Greb fell in love with dance when she was little and it has been her passion ever since. She’s been dancing for twelve years now. For Greb, the art has changed her life for the better.

“I’ve met a lot of people from [dance],” said Greb. “I wouldn’t be who I am if I didn’t meet them.”

Besides dance, Greb occupies her time with the chess club. Though Greb says she’s not very good at chess, skill level doesn’t get in the way of her fun. She also joined the volunteer club INSHOC. Getting involved was the perfect way for Greb to meet new people and make new friends.

Greb’s bucket list is a mile long.

“I want to learn sign language, and I want to go to South Africa and swim in a shark tank,” said Greb with excitement.

Though some of her aspirations can be time-consuming, Greb hasn’t forgotten about her academics. She studies hard to maintain her good grades.

“[Greb] takes school seriously,” said Lilia Chalkley, sophomore, Greb’s friend ever since the summer of seventh grade.

When Greb’s high school years are over, she plans to go to college and major in nursing. Her dream is to eventually become a pediatric nurse and work with the youth. With a bright future in sight, Greb knows she must make her teenage years count.