Quick Look at the Winter Showcase

This past Sunday, December 8th, Liberty choir presented their annual Winter Showcase. It featured jazz, pop, and show music. There were multiple small acts (solos or duets), performances from jazz choirs, performance by the Jazz Ensemble, and performances by both show choirs. 

One of the biggest hits of the show was the debut of the newest show choir group. Impact is an all female group directed by Bob Anderson. The group’s theme for their performance is “A Night In The City”. They performed the songs Shadows of the Night, It had Better Be tonight, City of Stars, and We Built This City (On Rock and Roll). Lauren Vogts, freshman, performed a solo in the groups rendition of City of Stars.

It was very exciting and super fun to perform for the first time! There are always things we can work on and do better, but overall I was super proud of how we did!” said Vogts. 

Throughout the show, there were eight solo acts. Small acts can consist of duets, solos, or even instrumental pieces. Posey Soeffler, sophomore, and Tatum Calderwood, sophomore, started off the Winter Showcase with a duet of I will Never Leave You from the musical Side Show. 

After the show, four other acts performed in the commons as well. Two solos, a duet, and a band performance. 

Liberty has three jazz choirs. Spark performed Let’s Live Again. Amplify, which is a treble jazz choir, performed All the Things You Are with a solo by Tatum Calderwood, sophomore. Voltage presented Here’s to Life with a solo by Scott Dill, senior. 

Liberty Storm, the mixed show choir group, performed their new arrangement debuting their theme “Happy Together”. The group is directed by Caitlin Brannaman, music teacher. The songs selected for their performance was If I Had You, Steal Away/Take the “A” Train, With You, Workin’ My Way Back To You/Turn to You, and Happy Together/Together Forever. Solos were performed by up to eleven students. 

Liberty’s Jazz Ensemble produced three songs directed by Ryan Arp, band teacher: Do Whatcha Wanna, I’ll Take Les, and Feeling Good with a solo by Scott Dill, senior. 

“My favorite part of the Winter Showcase was the jazz band. I love being apart of such an amazing group and I loved when everyone yelled and cheered us on!” said Vogts.