Interested in Journalism?

Interested in joining Liberty’s journalism program? Read this to find out how to enroll!

Bolts+Journalism+logo.+

Bolts Journalism

Bolts Journalism logo.

Interested in joining Foundations of Journalism? There is still time to sign up for second trimester! Foundations of Journalism focuses on writing articles, designing magazine pages, taking photographs, reading and viewing current events and understanding the basics of media law. Throughout the year, students become critical readers and viewers of modern media, reading and discussing the news each day. Students also have the opportunity to contribute articles, artwork, photographs and designs for publication in the school newspaper. Email Mrs. Cunningham ([email protected]) or talk to your guidance counselor to find out more information or enroll.

Interested in joining the newspaper team? News Lab is devoted to producing the school newspaper and website. The purpose of this class is to promote professional journalism, enhance students’ journalistic skills and encourage the production of a student-run publication. News Lab focuses on writing articles, conducting interviews, taking photographs, designing advertisements, reading and viewing current events, and understanding media law. Most production work is done outside regular school hours. You must receive a recommendation from your English teacher to enroll in this class. Teacher recommendations can be emailed to [email protected].

Interested in joining the yearbook staff? Yearbook Lab is devoted to capturing the history of the school year for presentation in the yearbook. Editors and staff members develop story ideas, conduct interviews, design pages, take photographs, and design advertisements. Editors and staff members use problem-solving techniques to decide how to cover events and people, and when to substitute coverage as a result of last-minute changes. All staff members are required to sell advertising to help support the yearbook. In the process, members learn to interact professionally with local businesses. Most production work is done outside regular school hours. You must receive a recommendation from your English teacher to enroll in this class. Teacher recommendations can be emailed to [email protected].

Interested in joining broadcasting? Broadcast Lab is devoted to producing video journalism. The purpose of this class is to promote professional journalism, enhance students’ journalistic skills and encourage the production of a student-run broadcast. Broadcast Lab focuses on writing copy, conducting interviews, recording and editing videos, reading and viewing current events, and understanding media law. You must receive a recommendation from your English teacher to enroll in this class. Teacher recommendations can be emailed to [email protected].