New Year’s Resolutions of Liberty High School

Having a healthy new year resolution can create good habits. Here are some tips to help you keep your resolution.

Hannah Siems, Reporter

Students at Liberty High school had a New Year’s resolution and or a goal they would like to try and accomplish. People all across the world set New Year’s resolutions as well. Having a New Year’s resolution can help focus on a goal that you have been wanting to get done, especially if they are health-related.

“Studies show 80 percent or more of premature chronic conditions, such as heart attack, stroke or diabetes, are caused by modifiable lifestyle choices, as opposed to being caused by genetic factors,” said Laura Snyder from United Health Care, writer of Why your healthy New Year’s resolutions are so important.

For instance, 3.6 million women will die from coronary heart disease in 2005. More than eight out of 10 of these deaths will occur in low and middle-income countries. However, you can have a healthy goal by doing healthy things.

Caitlynn Tubbs’s, sophomore, New Year’s resolution is to workout every day. She chose to workout more in her life because she played sports her freshman year and then didn’t continue with sports sophomore year. When the new year started, she wanted to be more active

“I have a friend, Veda, that wanted to do the same thing, so we were like let’s make a pack and do it together so we stick through with it,” said Tubbs.

Her and Barton go to the North Liberty Recreation center every day after school for about an hour and a half and sometimes join the classes that are available there. As a result of exercising every day, it has helped release anger and any stresses that she has had and made her calm and a better person. Eating healthy is very good for your body. Eating a healthy, balanced diet plays an essential role in maintaining a healthy weight, which is an important part of overall good health. Being overweight or obese can lead to health conditions such as type 2 diabetes, certain cancers, heart disease, and stroke. Coming up with a New Year resolution can be challenging and keeping it.

Some students have tried to accomplish their goal or resolution but they either gave up or other reasons.

The New Year’s Resolution of Bailey Green, junior, was to drink more water, workout and eat healthier but couldn’t accomplish these things because she didn’t have any time to workout with her busy schedule and she was always on the move like going out of town for family visits so she had to get easy access to food like Mcdonald’s.

Green said, “In my opinion, it’s hard to keep a resolution because you get distracted by the stress that comes with the new year. It also distracts you from your goal because you are more worried about the trials and tribulations that follow the new year and less about this seemingly insignificant promise you made to yourself on a whim.”

Although, there are many ways to keep a resolution and or goal here are just a few; you can pick the right resolution, create a good plan, make it meaningful, don’t give up, and surround yourself with people who support you.