Volleyball vs Linn-Mar Recap

The Bolts stayed hot, sweeping Linn-Mar in a quick three sets.

Lilah Vanscoyoc, junior, at 2020 state volleyball. The girls were runner-ups to Ankeny.

Bolts Journalism

The number one ranked Liberty varsity volleyball team hosted Linn-Mar Tuesday night, September 7, for their first home game of the season. The Bolts showed up in front of a large crowd, sweeping Linn-Mar in three quick sets.

The girls wasted no time getting started, as they held Linn-Mar to just 8 points in the first set. Ultimately winning 25-8. 

The second set was a little closer at the start, as the Bolts were up only 10-9 at one point. But they went on a 15-3 run to end the second set with a score of 25-12. 

The third set was no different for the girls. They capped off the game with a 25-13 win to complete the three-set sweep. 

Cassidy Hartman, junior, led the team with nine kills, with Shelby Kimm, junior, very close behind with a total of eight kills. Asta Hildebrand, freshman, and Lilah VanScoyoc, junior, both finished with five kills each.

The energy from the student section helped us stay up and excited.

— Gabbie Schroeder

Kimm had a team-leading three aces and Gabbie Schroeder led the team in digs with 17. Hartman also finished with ten digs. Mariah Rollins, sophomore, led with 22 assists with Hildebrand finishing with 12. 

“Our team dynamic is really starting to click. The energy from the student section helped us stay up and excited. Our passing was solid which helped us run a fast offense and our blocking was really good last night,” Schroeder said.